March 22, 2010

A Season of Eden (J.M. Warwick) Review

Book received from Around the World Tours

Publisher: Grove Creek Publishing (October 20, 2008)
Paperback: 248 pages
He's my teacher. I shouldn't be alone with him. But I can't help that he's irresistible. I let the door silently close at my back. He stared at me, and a taut quiet stretched between us. "I like hearing you play," I said, moving toward him. He turned, in sync with my slow approach. He looked up at me but didn't say anything. I rested my clammy hand on the cold, slick body of the baby grand. "May I?" The muscles in his throat shifted, then he swallowed. "Eden." My knees weakened, like a soft tickling kiss had just been blown against the backs of them. "Is it okay?" I asked. His gaze held mine like two hands joined. He understood what I was really asking. "Let me stay," I said. "Please." "You're going to get me in trouble," he said. (Source)

Review
When I signed up for this book I had no idea what to expect. I haven't read anything like this before and I was so excited to see that I loved it! Every girl has that fantasy of at least one teacher in her life that lives on a different level and makes her question every boy surrounding her. I did not think the difference in age made their deep attraction forbidden, it was only the teacher/student relationship that kept them apart.

This book was a real page turner for me. I fell for James from the very beginning. His drive and talent was extremely sexy for a man that young, he roped me right in. There were also times that I forgot that Eden was the popular and rich girl. The way she narrated the story as being self-consious and more down-to-earth brought me to another level of thinking. She did not have an easy home-life and all she wanted was a normal life with someone on her emotional scope. I really felt a connection with her and she changed my perspective on how people may be feeling on the inside when their exterior is very confident.

I found out after I read this book that J.M. Warwich is another pen name for Jennifer Laurens. The writing style was a lot different in this novel as compared to 'Nailed' (only other book that this point that I have read from Jennifer Laurens). I felt that the whole situation between James and Eden was at a more adult level and it was reflected as such in the writing style of this book. I hope to read other Jennifer Laurens/J. M. Warwick books in the future!

4 comments:

  1. I have this book sitting on my desk. I can't wait to get to it. Thanks for the review (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very interesting to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book and haven't read it yet. Your review makes me want to get started. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review! I have this one on my to-buy list!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina