April 21, 2010

Fallen (Lauren Kate) Review

The sequel, 'Torment', will be released September 28, 2010.

Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 464 pages
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers; First Edition/First Printing edition (December 8, 2009)

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her. (Source)
Review
FALLEN, by Lauren Kate, is an epic romance with a supernatural twist. Kate has created an exceptional story full of adventure and mystery with twists and turns throughout every chapter.

I had trouble writing this review. I have been sitting on it for a couple of weeks now, I even reread it wondering why I could not do it. I think I have the answer, this book is so utterly fantastic that words cannot describe my excitement to share it! Between the characters, storyline and giant revelation that Luce unravels, I am completely blown away.

This book is quite long but I sped through it with ease. Kate's writing flows smoothly while she weaves this amazing tale of a love that spans lifetimes. I really enjoyed the characters that were present at Sword & Cross. Since this was a school for trouble-makers, the characters present were extremely diverse physically and emotionally. Arriane was one of my favorite characters because she had the spunk and charisma to keep Luce on her toes.

The love triangle between Luce, Daniel, and Cam was intriguing. These two boys both were handsome, smart, and mysterious and the connection she felt with each of them was unique. I have to say that Daniel holds my heart because he was so brooding and I always wanted to know what he was thinking!

The cover of this book captivated me from the first time I saw it. I love period clothing for one thing, and the emotion that was created makes my heart-break every time I look at it.

Overall, this was a phenomenal book and I recommend it to anyone who loves a good romance and mystery.




8 comments:

  1. Nice review! I am in the middle of reading this book, and I am enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you liked it! :D
    Unfortunately, I can't say I felt the same way about the book. Although, I do love the covers, they are so beautiful to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful review, I loved this one too OMG I cant WAIT for Torment to get here! SOO exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like people either really, really liked this or they couldn't get into it. I think I'm going to stay on the library's wait-list for now. I can't bring myself to buy it (even though I've been waiting for over 3 months!).

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Loved Loved Loved this book! I cant wait for Torment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great read! I'm new to your blog by the way, and I'm your 200th follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read it! I have a few more in que before it but I will get to it this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad this is good since it's in my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina