June 16, 2010

Things I Know About Love (Kate Le Vann) Review



Publisher: EgmontUSA (June 22, 2010)
Hardcover: 160 pages
Received from: Publisher
Livia's experience of love has been disappointing to say the least. But all that is about to change. After years of illness, she's off to spend the summer with her brother in America. She's making up for lost time, and she's writing it all down in her private blog. America is everything she ever dreamed of - and then she meets Adam. Can Livia put the past behind her and risk falling in love again? (Source)

Review
THINGS I KNOW ABOUT LOVE, by Kate Le Vann, was a lovely story about a girl given a second chance at life and not wasting one moment of it. Le Vann created truly amazing characters that I was attached to very quickly.

I liked the "blog" format of the book because I enjoyed getting the deeper look into her thoughts and dreams. In the beginning, she stated that she would be honest during her blogging venture, and was she! I had to laugh at many of the clumsy and awkward mistakes she made with guys. And I was close to tears reading how she dealt with her illness and the segregation she felt from others her age.

Livia and Adam were delightful and adorable together. Livia inspired Adam to create a blog, and his short and sweet posts were right to the point, just like him. He completely changed the rules of love and surprised Livia so many times. They were mutually smitten with each other, and it was hard for me not to be. I felt all warm and fuzzy just thinking about how the universe brought Livia to America if only just to be with Adam.

This is a nice and short book full of laughs and tears. It gave me new faith in love-at-first-sight and being honest with one you love. And I think you might learn something from this seventeen-year-old's list of the things she knows about love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina