September 2, 2010

Veil of Shadows (Shiloh Walker) Review

SPOILER ALERT
If you have not read Through the Veil (Veil#1) there may be spoilers from the book. You have been warned
SPOILER ALERT

Veil of Shadows (Veil, #2)
Publisher: Berkley (September 7, 2010)
Paperback: 320 pages
Genre: Adult with sexual situations
A rebel army has been established to win back the land from demons-and a ne soldier named Xan has appeared out of nowhere to join them. Beautiful army captain Laisyn Caar is shocked by the powerful, all- consuming desire she feels in his presence, but when she discovers the dark secrets of Xan's agenda, she'll have to determine whether the man she's starting to love is a friend of her people-or a dreaded enemy. (Source)


Review
VEIL OF SHADOWS, by Shiloh Walker, is the romantic and action-packed second book in the Veil series. After reading, Through the Veil, I was very interested in continuing the story of this new world that Walker created. With the addition of new characters, I was hooked again.

I was very pleased to have won this ARC from Shiloh Walker, and those who loved the first book will definitely like this one. Syn and Xan were competition for the steamy romance that occured in TTV with Kalen and Lee. I also enjoy the mixing of science fiction, fantasy, and romance. Walker is skilled in the art of hooking and reader and not letting go.

The chemistry and passion between Syn and Xan was phenomenal. And the eye patch for Xan added an element of mystery that I love in my leading men! I liked the immediate attraction between the two but also the hesitancy to be serious during war-time in their world. The strain of uncertainty between the two created such sexual tension that it was sometimes overwhelming (in a good way). I think these two complimented each other perfectly and I rooted for them the whole time. I also enjoyed seeing the main characters from TTV (Kalen and Lee) through Syn and Xan's eyes. I enjoyed these characters in the first book and I was happy to be reunited with them once more.

Once again, Walker created such a visual masterpiece with this book. I felt like I was inside this dangerous world. This is one of the reasons why Walker is one of my favorite adult writers at the moment. If you are a fan of this series, I definitely recommend this fantastic sequel.


For more info:
Shiloh Walker's website
Follow Shiloh Walker on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina