October 25, 2010

Blood Feud (Alyxandra Harvey) Review

Blood Feud (The Drake Chronicles, #2)
Publisher: Bloomsbury US (June 22, 2010)
Hardcover: 272 Pages
Book from Publisher
The action and romance continue as the Drakes face a new vampire with a 200-year-old grudge. It’s been centuries since Isabeau St. Croix barely survived the French Revolution. Now she’s made her way back to the living and she must face the ultimate test by confronting the evil British lord who left her for dead the day she turned into a vampire. That’s if she can control her affection for Logan Drake, a vampire whose bite is as sweet as the revenge she seeks.

The clans are gathering for Helena’s royal coronation as the next vampire queen, and new alliances are beginning to form now that the old rifts of Lady Natasha’s reign have started to heal. But with a new common enemy, Leander Montmarte—a vicious leader who hopes to force Solange to marry him and usurp the power of the throne for himself—the clans must stand together to preserve the peace he threatens to destroy. (Source)

Review
BLOOD FEUD, Alyxandra Harvey, is the second installment in The Drake Chronicles. This book alternates the POV of Logan Drake and Isabeau St. Croix. I got really attached to Lucy and Solange narrating in the first book so I was a bit hesitant for different POV's but I immediately fell in love with these two.

Logan and Isabeau have much in common in terms of taste. Logan's style and actions reflected the era that Isabeau grew up in when she was human. They are one of my top favorite YA couples at the moment. That alone should make you want to read this book.

Another aspect that set this book apart in this series was the introduction of a different type of vampire clan, the Hounds. These vampires were very unique in how they were very cultured and connected well with nature and dogs. They were very spiritual and I really enjoyed reading the customs that were performed. It was great reading from Logan's POV during that specific part because he was new to it as well and Harvey pulled me along for the ride with him. Also, the flashes to Isabeau's past life before becoming a vampire kept my heart pounding with anticipation.

I am not fond of the cover choice. Harvey described Isabeau with tattoos and scaring on her body and this model did not follow suit. I don't tend to like books that tell me how the character is supposed to look, I like to visualize it for myself.

Overall, if you liked My Love Lies Bleeding (AKA Hearts At Stake: my Review) I think you will really enjoy this one.



For more info, check out Alyxandra Harvey's website

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina