October 22, 2010

City of Glass (Cassandra Clare) Review

SPOILER ALERT

If you have not read City of Bones/City of Ashes there may be spoilers ahead.
SPOILER ALERT


Publisher: Walker Books Ltd (July 6th 2009) (first published March 24th 2009)
Paperback: 492 pages
To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her new found powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost? (Source)
Review
CITY OF GLASS, by Cassandra Clare, was my favorite book of this series. Clare wrapped up the story absolutely perfectly. This book was jam-packed with action and suspense that made my adrenaline run wild!

One main thing (among many) that made me love this book so much was the humor. There has been humor in all of the books, but in the midst of an all out war, I think the sarcasm and quips of these characters lightened the mood and truly made this a phenomenal book. The fact that Simon was now the main focus of not one but two females, and could not decide between the two was hilarious and cute. And pretty much anything Magnus said made me laugh, gosh I love that man.

The main relationships were resolved (finally) and I have to say I am very pleased (finally). Learning the truth between Jace, Clary, and Sebastian definitely made my jaw drop. But, I do feel bad about how mentally damaged Jace is now after being duped by his father once again. And one final "finally" for Alec and Magnus. I was so proud of Alec for letting his true self show to his family.

The action was pretty awesome as well. Clare's visuals for the fight scenes were amazing and I felt like I was inside the book watching it occur in front of me. Overall, this was the perfect ending to this trilogy and I am very excited that Cassandra has decided to extend the Mortal Instruments Series into another trilogy. After reading the excerpt for City of Fallen Angels, in the back of this book, all I have to say is TEASE!


My reviews of City of Bones and City of Ashes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina