October 20, 2010

The Van Alen Legacy (Melissa de la Cruz) Audiobook Review

SPOILER ALERT
If you have not read the first three books of the Blue Bloods Series there may be spoilers ahead.
SPOILER ALERT

Publisher: Recorded Books (2010)
Format: Audiobook (Length 8 Hours 57 Minutes)
Read by: Christina Moore
From Goodreads. Melissa de la Cruz delivers the fourth novel in this New York Times best-selling vampire series. As confrontation with the Silver Bloods escalates to even deadlier levels, Schuyler and her peers watch as their glamorous New York lifestyle turns into a battle for survival. Even though no love is lost between Oliver and Jack as they compete for Schuyler’s heart, both human and vampire will have to unite if the Silver Bloods are going to be defeated.

Review
THE VAN ALEN LEGACY, by Melissa de la Cruz, is the fourth installment of the Blue Blood series. I have been extremely impressed with this series up through Revelations, so I could not wait to read this one. But out of the four I have read, I have to admit it was my least favorite.

I felt that 3/4 of the book dragged on. I did not like Bliss' POV at all, and I was mad because she was one of my favorite characters. The stories of all the three girls (Bliss, Schulyer, and Mimi) through this part of the book were very day-to-day "blah" chapters to me. At one point I almost stopped reading. BUT! There is a big but here, the last 1/4 of the book was insanely good!

The character I loved to follow was Mimi (surprising, I know), I actually began to like her (eep!). Getting into her thoughts was the highlight of the journey through this book. Forget Jack and Schuyler, Kingsley and Mimi were where it was at! The tension that both of these egotistical characters created was so fantastic. They are absolutely perfect for each other minus the whole Mimi bonded with Jack thing.

Also, many more questions were answered near the end of the book. The ending was phenomenal and ended with a killer cliffhanger. Overall, the last part of the book made up for the entire as a whole. If you are a fan of this series, I highly recommend it!!


For more info, check out Melissa de la Cruz's website

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina