November 28, 2010

NaNoWriMo: Final Update

 
 

My first NaNoWriMo concludes with a semi-happy ending. I finished writing over 50,000 words in the span of 25 days. Weee!

The disappointing part is that my actual novel came out to around 37,000 words. At that point I knew if I went back I would be forced to edit so I decided to complete the word count with backstory. I wrote scenes that helped me figured out the voices of the characters (and they probably will never leave my computer).

This coming month will be dedicated to making stronger plot points and rewrites. And next year I hope to start a full editing process to see if I can take my novel to the next level and possible put it up for publishing. A girl can dream right?

Good luck in the final days to my fellow NaNoer's and congrats to those who have already "won"! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina