November 16, 2010

NaNoWriMo: Week Three Update


At the end of the second week of NaNoWriMo, I started to close in on the ending to my novel around 24,000 words. That was quite frustrating. I held back the urge to go back and start adding because I knew if I read it, my inner editor demon would take over and I would not have been productive toward adding but subtracting. So I took two days off. Since I was a few days ahead of schedule I was able to do that without getting nervous about slipping behind.

After the two days, I went back to my book and created another character, added elements of surprise, took a needed detour for my main character (with an awesome fight scene) and got back on track.

I have learned so much thus far in my writing endeavor and I owe it all to NaNoWriMo. Writing is the easy part, making a coherent and well constructed story is another demon in itself. But I am loving every moment!

How are you doing on your novel? Any thoughts about Week Two or Week Three you would like to share?

Onward and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina