February 24, 2011

Book Review: Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

Publisher: Harlequin Teen (April 1, 2010)
Paperback: 320 Pages
Genre: YA Dystopian/Sci-Fi
Series: Inside Out #1
From Goodreads.
Keep Your Head Down.

Don't Get Noticed.

Or Else.

I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.

Review by Kate
INSIDE OUT, by Maria V. Snyder, is a fast-paced and unique story that will keep you on the edge of your seat....the entire time!  Snyder created phenomenal characters, hair-raising plot twists, and a resolution that will make your head spin.

I immediately connected with Trella. She was a bit of a loner who kept one good friend. She kept low key, which enabled her to explore her way through the air ducts all over the Inside, and it earned her the name 'Queen of the Pipes'. But, her extended knowledge of the Inside roped her into a situation that affected the lives of everyone on the Inside.

Character-wise, I loved the relationship dynamic between Trella and Riley. Two people from different 'levels' finding more in common than they ever dreamed fueled the rebellion and its leader. I hoped and hoped that these two would get together throughout the whole book. And no, I won't tell you if they did!

Snyder is truly a fantastic writer. Her prose is amazing and I was able to visualize everything that Trella saw in the Inside. The book was detailed and very thorough and I found myself tuning out everything else around me while reading. At the end of the book in the Acknowledgement section, Snyder said that this was a 'dream book'. She saw the characters, twists, and ending in her dream and wrote it all down. I am always looking to my dreams for inspiration and I am happy to know that it is possible!

It's extremely hard to write an un-spoilery review for this book. I spent all my non-reading time trying to figure out what was Inside and Outside and when it was revealed I was absolutely blown away. All I can say is.. GO GET THIS BOOK!


Maria Snyder's Website | Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina