February 11, 2011

Book Review: Jessica's Guide to Dating the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

Publisher: Graphia (January 18, 2010)
Paperback: 351 Pages
Genre: YA Fantasy

The undead can really screw up your senior year . . .

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fiancĂ©. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war — and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction.

Review by Jessica
JESSICA'S GUIDE TO DATING THE DARK SIDE, by Beth Fantaskey presents you with Jessica, a typical American, high school attending, teenage girl. Jessica's world is spun around when she learns that there is more to her than meets the eye.

I thought the plot line of this book was such a great idea, and I was eager to read it but I found that I was a little disappointed because the plot wasn't brought out to it's fullest. I felt like pieces of the story weren't there or they were in the wrong places.

Jessica is a little off to me, I mean I get that finding out you're a Romanian vampire princess can be a little harsh, but I thought she was just immature about it, and about her feelings for Lucius. She didn't seems to have the mentality of a senior in high school, more a middle schooler or a freshman in high school but not a senior.

The tension between Jessica and Lucius made me crazy, Lucius came to America to collect his vampire fiancé but doesn't like what he finds and plays around with the queen bee of Jessica's school, all while she is turning into a vampire and she doesn't know what to do without Lucius.

I have to say the end is my favorite part, thats when everything begins to pick up and really happen. I hope to see a sequel to this sometime to see what happens with Jessica and Lucius. If you read this and have trouble getting through the beginning, stick with it because the ending it worth it.


Check out Beth Fantaskey's Website | Facebook | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina