August 25, 2011

Author Interview: Geraldine Solon (Love Letters, Chocolicious)

Today I have Geraldine Solon, author of Love Letters and Chocolicious, on the blog today for an interview. Enjoy!


When did you know you wanted to be an author?

I’ve been writing since I was eight years old but my only wrote a book when I turned thirty. I realized that this is what I’ve been called to do.

What is your favorite book from childhood?

My dad bought us books from British author, Enid Blyton. I’ve read all her books, and I must say her writing style and creativity had ignited a spark in me to become an author.

Who inspires your writing?

My favorite authors are Nicholas Sparks, Eileen Goudge, Danielle Steele, Lisa Scottoline, Debbie Macomber and Kristin Hannah. I am fond of contemporary love stories that focus on deeper relationships.

Do you take a lot of character traits from people you know?

In my book, Love Letters, the character of Suzanne was an exaggerated replica of my mother, but most of my characters are figments of my imagination. I always try to make them different each time so I can imagine how it would feel living another person’s life. That’s the most exciting part of being an author.


Can you tell me about your latest release?

Chocolicious is about love, loss and a mother’s sacrifice.

Here’s a brief summary:

A week after Blair Nightingale’s husband, Larry, dies, she learns she’s about to lose everything she owns due to a foolish mistake Larry made. In an instant, Blair’s life is transformed from rich, Silicon Valley trophy wife to poor, widowed single mom. Her only goal now is to provide for her daughter. As Blair begins to pick up the pieces, George—Larry’s best friend and the man she truly resents—seems to always be around. When Blair is overwhelmed by all the challenges she faces, she seeks comfort in baking rich, filled, three-layered chocolate cupcakes that her grandmother once taught her, and soon Blair's life is changed forever.

Is there anything you would like to say to readers?

Thank you for support and all the good reviews you’ve been posting. Authors need readers like you. Every book you read, gives an author a reason to celebrate that their efforts are not wasted.

For more about Geraldine and to purchase her novels, check out her Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina