October 14, 2011

ARC Review: Blood Drive by Traci Houston

Publisher: Writers of the Round Table Press Inc. (October 16, 2011)
ARC: 252 Pages
Genre: Adult Paranormal
Book from: Publisher*
When a group of vampires rises from the dark of the humid Miami summer and murders her partner, officer Cara Evens gathers a group of allies with their own unique abilities to avenge her partner's death and save the city. To succeed she'll have to accept her own changing abilities, ignore her lust for a vampire and hide the one thing her enemies need to kill them all.



Review by Jessica
BLOOD DRIVE, by Traci Houston is full of non-stop action, romance, magic and pure awesomeness! I read this in one sitting and I feel desperate for more!

I loved Cara! She was absolutely amazing, and her wit had me laughing as she navigated a men's world. Her personality was so strong and she inspired me as a woman. I got the feel of girl-power the whole novel which made it so much more fun to read!

I loved the sexual tension between Cara and her new vampire big shot companion! It was so realistic which was great because more often than not the love/sexual tension seems unrealistic and staged almost, but I was impressed by Traci Houston's ability to put me into realistic situations!

One thing in this novel that really kept me interested was it was SO action-packed! There was not a single dull moment in this and honestly, Houston kept the action flowing flawlessly. I am so eager for the next one I'm practically jumping up and down. Cara's attitude has inspired me and made me laugh, her romance is complicated but wonderful, her friendships are amazing and I wouldn't think twice about having her as my wingman!

Note: Caution there are some adult situations and language in this! I would rate it for mature audiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina