October 7, 2011

Deadly Secrets by LeeAnn Burke: Guest Post {Sizzling PR}



Today I have LeeAnn Burke on the blog for a guest post about her inspiration in writing. Enjoy!!



Inspiration

I want to take a moment to thank I Just Wanna Sit Here and Read! for allowing me to guest blog on your wonderful blog. As an author I am often asked what inspires me and my writing. I wish I had a good answer for this one, but the reality is that different things, people and events inspire me. One of my favourite shows CASTLE has inspired a lot of brainstorming for my work in progress, some good, but not all of them.

However this week I found inspiration in a run/walk. Sounds odd? Well this is an event that is close to my heart. The Run For The Cure is to help raise money to find a cure for Breast Cancer. Who wouldn’t want to help accomplish that? Sign me up. It’s not the run itself that inspired me, but the people who took part in it and those who can’t but were there to encourage others. Yesterday as I stood near the back of the runners section and waited for the bell to go off so we can all start running I felt the buzz and joy of sharing a really great event with 9,000 other runners and walkers. We might not have known each other but we all had the same goal – help find a cure. Just to explain how big this run was, as I crossed the finish line 30 minutes after it started the last of the walkers were crossing the start line to begin their journey. That’s the best way to call it, a journey. As a regular runner running 5 KM is no big deal for me, but as I see near me a woman wearing a pink shirt – a cancer survivor shirt, it hits me. I might be cold since it’s barely 9 degrees, but I am the lucky one. I have a healthy body. The lady next to me who is a stranger had to battle to regain a healthy body. I can’t help but remember my friends who didn’t make it and know that A B Wallace would be there to cheer me on if she could. Before she died I told her I would run for her, and have done so ever since. I know this will make me a better writer, because it makes me feel like a better person each year.

Once I got home I put my “who are you running for?” button next to my computer to remind me of the day and the inspiration that run gave me. I can’t wait to do it again next year.

In honor of Breast Cancer Month my publisher is discounting the ebook for DEADLY SECRETS to $2.99 and will donate an extra $1 for each book sold. I am hoping they get to write a huge check at the end of the month. If your readers want to help they can pick up a copy HERE.

Thanks LeeAnn for stopping by!!


Philippe Lafrance is a well-known reclusive writer whose life is suddenly thrown upside down when the grandfather he never knew existed, dies. He investigates the reason and learns that his family has kept secrets from him. Deep, ugly secrets. Worse, a killer is murdering the men in his family. He discovers that his father, then his grandfather, were murdered by someone desperate to keep secrets buried.

Bereft, Roxanne St-Clair is left to manage a restaurant when the only person who ever mattered to her, her foster parent and mentor, is murdered. She puts her life on hold to find his killer and bring him to justice.

Thrown together by circumstance and a mutual goal, Philippe and Roxanne fight their attraction and team up to find the killer, bring him to justice and unearth the truth. To stay alive, they must keep one step ahead of the assassin in order to prevent him from killing his next target, Philippe.

Will they succeed in bringing to justice this killer before Philippe becomes his next victim?

Will they be able to deal with the truth behind the deadly secrets?

LeeAnn's Website | Facebook | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina