October 11, 2011

Frost by Wendy Delsol: Character Interview {Teen Book Scene}



Today I have Jack from Frost, by Wendy Delsol, on the blog today for a character interview. Enjoy!

Hi Jack! Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Sure. I’m seventeen and a senior in high school. I play football. I’m the editor of the school paper. And I help out on my family’s apple farm. I’d say I was your average guy except that my family has this strange Nordic ancestry. We’re Veturfolk, which translates to Winter People, a race of people from far above the timberline.

When you saw Kat again for the first time what were you thinking?

Mostly I was just trying to keep my emotions in check. Once I heard she had moved here, wasn’t just visiting, she was all I could think about. Our first encounter as kids had been epic, to say the least. She fell through the ice on a frozen lake, and I jumped in to save her. So that day at her grandfather’s store, when she didn’t recognize me, I was offended. And, quite frankly, pretty mad.

What do you think of your inherent weather changing talents?

I always knew my moods had an effect on local weather patterns, but my powers didn’t really kick in until Kat showed back up in Norse Falls this September. I just wish I had a little more control of this ability around her. Nothing like impressing a girl with the equivalent of a bucket of water dropped on her head.

What do you think of Kat's abilities as a Stork?

My grandmother had told me all about the Storks when I was a boy. As one of the Winter People, she knew a lot of the old Norse legends. I sure never thought I’d meet up with one of the soul deliverers myself, though. In hindsight, I guess it makes sense given my own special talents and the strong connection I first felt toward her. Overall it’s cool that we both have an inherited ability.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

Man. In ten years I’ll be twenty-seven. God, I don’t know. A year ago I’d have predicted that I’d still be in Norse Falls and running my dad’s farm. Now, having met Kat, who knows? I hope we’re still together, and it would be nice to think we’d have some normal life as a couple. But, knowing Kat, normal might not be in the cards.

What are your hopes working with Brigid and Stanley?

I met Stanley though Kat. He’s dating Kat’s mom. Kat’s still a little wary, but I have to admit that he’s a pretty nice guy. He’s a professor over at Walden College and has offered me an internship in his lab. And now that Brigid, an environmental researcher from Greenland, has arrived, there’s a lot of exciting stuff going on in that department. I consider myself lucky to get this kind of experience as a high school kid. Kat hasn’t warmed to Brigid yet; plus, she thinks I’m working too many hours. But, seriously, a little hard work never hurt anyone, right?

Thanks for stopping by Jack & Wendy!


From Goodreads. After the drama of discovering that she’s a member of the Storks, a mystical order of women endowed with powerful abilities, Katla Leblanc is finally settling into her life in chilly Minnesota. In fact, the ex-California girl even hopes for a white Christmas. But Katla’s wintry wish unexpectedly turns into the snowstorm of the century, drawing the attention of Brigid, a gorgeous environmental researcher with an amazing array of fur coats and an unusual interest in Katla’s boyfriend, Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina