October 24, 2011

The Start-Up by Sadie Hayes: Review

Publisher: Backlit Fiction (October 24, 2011)
Format: eBook
Series: The Start-Up # 1
Genre: YA Contemporary
Sadie Hayes's Website/Facebook
Purchase Link: Amazon
From Goodreads. When a college freshman’s breakthrough software program catapults her into the limelight, she and her twin brother must navigate a treacherous world of money, power, and envy: Silicon Valley. In a world of tweets, apps, and mobile games, The Start-Up is a fast-paced and exciting serial story with a new episode released each month.
Review by Jess
THE START-UP, by Sadie Hayes is a very short novella about the ups and downs about scholarship and college life for one set of twins in Silicone Valley, where they are the foster kids surrounded by the rich and powerful.

Let me start out by saying, I LOVED THIS NOVELLA! I read the whole thing in one sitting, there is not one moment that is dull. Start to finish it holds your interest and Hayes' writing is spectacular and absolutely breath-taking! The way the story was presented was like watching a movie...an incredibly good one.

Hayes' characters were so real and so likable...well mostly! I cant say I liked T.J. all that much. She really went into depth with the characters and I could think of someone I know to relate every single one of the characters to. She did an astounding job bringing her characters to life for the reader. The plot was fresh and exciting!

As a college student...I ate this story up. I could relate to everything she was referencing which gave me a better understanding of where she was trying to lead her characters and the situations they got themselves into. It was great being able to understand BOTH sides of the twins predicament through their respective POV's.

I am begging for more Sadie Hayes! A job well done and I would highly recommend it. This is a fun and fast-pace novel that I think most will thoroughly enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina