December 29, 2011

Top of the Shelf 2011: Young Adult Books


In 2010 I did Top Fives lists for books that I loved reading throughout the year. This year I changed it up a bit and re-titled my list: Top of the Shelf. I am counting down the best adult and young adult books I read this year for different categories. FYI: Not all of the books are 2011 releases. Feel free to make your own list and post in the comments! Also, I have linked up my reviews (to those I have reviewed) if you click on the book cover.

Today's category is Top YA books of 2011. This was a very difficult decision but I based my qualifications over several categories instead of just one. These books were overall fantastic and over a wide range of genres for all to enjoy!


Vesper (Deviants, #1)
So creative and fun, I especially love how a man captured the essence of  a female protagonist. 

The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1)
Jack the Ripper and London? Who wouldn't love this awesome paranormal tale?

Sci-fi….antastic!! So creative and just utterly amazing!

Wither (Chemical Garden, #1)
Lauren really breaks through the dystopian barrier and creates an epic story.

Delirium
Bittersweet, perfect…just amazing..

What were your favorite YA books this year?

1 comment:

  1. Wither also made my list of favorites for the year, and found a place on my favorites shelf. Otherwise, I wasn't as big of a fan of Delirium, but I'm excited to read Vesper and The Name of the Star. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina