January 27, 2012

If You See Her by Shiloh Walker: Review {Blog Tour}

SPOILER ALERT: If you have not read If You Hear Her there may be spoilers ahead.

Publisher: Ballantine Books (January 31, 2012)
Mass Market Paperback: 368 Pages
Series: The Ash Trilogy #2 ( My Review of If You Hear Her )
Genre: Adult Romantic Suspense
From Goodreads. A FACE IN THE MIRROR

Hope Carson may not look like a survivor, but she has escaped an abusive ex-husband and recovered from a vicious assault. Now she endures the painful memories and suspicious rumors surrounding her involvement in the attack. Her ex is a cop, so the last people she trusts are law enforcement officials—and she certainly doesn’t trust how the local DA makes her feel inside.

Remy Jennings should know better. He has no business falling for a woman who he suspects may have a deeply troubled mind. And even if he did make a move, she’d bolt like a frightened rabbit. But how can he deny a burning desire that threatens to consume him? As Hope’s past catches up with her in the worst way, Remy is determined to break through her defenses, earn her trust, and keep her safe in his arms—before it’s too late.

Review by Kate
IF YOU SEE HER, by Shiloh Walker, is the awesome sequel in the Ash Trilogy. After briefly meeting Hope and Remy in the previous installment, this is the book that we really get to know them.

The one thing that really stands out to me is when authors have series's that focus mainly on a romantic couple and never let me have favorites! I thought Lena and Ezra from If You Hear Her could never be topped but I was wrong. I loved reading about Hope and Remy so much!! Even though Hope and Remy are the main romantic couple this time around, my favorite citizens of Ash still appeared in a smaller capacity, which makes this series unique in that you get a well rounded view of Ash, Kentucky, in the midst of a horrible killer.

As I said, we got a brief look at this characters in the previous book so I knew a little of what to expect. I truly felt bad for Hope throughout the whole book! Walker did not let up on this girl!! This book explored her backstory in an abusive relationship with her ex-husband and the fact she was hiding from him. Insert ex-husband here. It was enough that Hope almost died in the last book, she was the target once again in her personal life. But Remy made some of the angst go away when he swooped in and fell for her…hard. I liked how Walker started this relationship off on a professional level and it slowly turned into something magical. The chemistry was…whew…hot, and each scene they were in together was ripe with sexual tension. Even after reading a few of Walker's books I am still breathless after reading her love scenes.

Watch me as I gush over the romance part and still want to talk about the other half of the genre…the suspense! There was enough suspense in the previous book to keep me on my toes but this one literally gave me chills. The killer still lurked in the pages under the guise of small paragraphs that just made me want to jump into the book and hog-tie him to keep him away from my beloved characters. I can't get over the word "creepy" when I think of him…and I still have no idea who it could be!!

I am anxiously awaiting the final book, If You Know Her, for (1) finding out who the killer is and (2) Law Reilly (yum, yum, yum, loved him since Book 1) to be one of the main characters along with Nia (who storms in Book 2 with a vengeance). So if you have not started on this series you better get a jump on that since it wraps up in February!

*Thanks to Shiloh Walker for donating a review copy for the tour. Be sure to check out the rest of the stops below:


1/23 - The Book Vixen

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the review... glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Hey btw...who is the killer? ;)

      Delete
  2. I have these on my wish list. It sounds so good. Can't wait for my turn. Don't tell her, Shiloh who the killer is. Make her wait to the end. (-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys stink! LOL jk can't wait to read Book 3!

      Delete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina