April 14, 2012

The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting: Review

Spoiler Alert. If you have not read THE BODY FINDER or DESIRES OF THE DEAD there will be spoilers ahead. Just sayin'…

The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3)
Publisher: Harper Teen (April 17, 2012)
ARC: 358 Pages (From Around The World Arc Tours)
Series: The Body Finder #3 (My Reviews of The Body Finder & Desires of the Dead)
Genre: YA Paranormal
Kimberly Derting's Website | Blog | Twitter
Buy Link: Amazon | Kindle
From Goodreads. Violet kept her morbid ability to sense dead bodies a secret from everyone except her family and her childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Jay Heaton. That is until forensic psychologist Sara Priest discovered Violet's talent and invited her to use her gift to track down murderers. Now, as she works with an eclectic group of individuals—including mysterious and dangerously attractive Rafe—it's Violet's job to help those who have been murdered by bringing their killers to justice. When Violet discovers the body of a college girl killed by "the girlfriend collector" she is determined to solve the case. But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new "relationship" and Violet may have caught his eye...

Review by Kate
THE LAST ECHO, by Kimberly Derting, is the third book in The Body Finder series. After reading I do have to say, by far, this was my favorite. There was a lot of suspense, creepiness, and subplots up the wazoo. Derting has really done a great job with this series and each book gets that much better, I am excited to see where she takes us after this one.

Violet is now a part of a team of other teens who, like her, have special gifts. They are given cases that are otherwise not able to be solved without a little help from the supernatural. I really enjoyed learning about all the special abilities that the teens had. Each of them contributes a gift and personality to the story which I found engaging.

Another part of the story that I enjoyed…er…not actually enjoyed since he was totally creepy and a sicko, was The Girlfriend Killer. It takes a lot for a book to get me creeped out, but Derting gave me the willies with getting into the mind of this man. What he did to his "girlfriend's" was beyond sanity and I read through this book so fast to find out if he would ever get caught!

Derting introduced a possible love triangle going on between Jay, Violet, and Rafe. To be honest, I am really not a fan of that, but I do like Rafe's character. I am interested to see if that develops or they can just keep it platonic. No one messes with my Jay! :)

Overall, I really liked this book. Definitely the most suspenseful of the series and I am counting down the days until I can get my hands on the next one.

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I really can't wait to read this one, it sounds like my kind of read. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly Derting is an amazing writer and storyteller. A very classy lady as well. Her Body Finder series is fantastic and I can't wait to read this one. Thank you for this review.

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina