Thank you so much, Kate and Jess, for hosting me on your blog today!
In The Zurian Child, there are two extraterrestrial species mentioned, the Hemera and the Erebus. Both are included throughout the series, but the heroes and heroine are Hemera, or at least partly. Here are five facts about the Hemera, which make them different than us:
1. The Hemera come from the planet, Alectrona, which is located approximately twenty light years from Earth, in the direction of the constellation, Libra.
2. The Hemera escaped to Earth after the Erebus invaded their land with the intent of annihilation.
3. Not only do the Hemera have webbed feet to help them to swim, but they also have imperceptible gills on the sides of their neck which allow them to breathe under the water.
4. When the Hemera have intercourse for the first time, they are “bonded” to their partner for the rest of their lives, the death of one the only way to break the connection. If they try to be with another after bonding, they will become extremely sick. Here’s an excerpt:
For lunch, she ordered from the Crazy Crocodile, but Erik refused to deliver. "I want you to come down and visit," he told her over the phone.
Sitting at the bar, she talked to him while he dusted the glasses and bottles.
"Listen, I know things didn't work out between us before," he said. "But maybe we could try it again. I mean maybe you were just nervous after what happened between you and Rob."
She didn't want to take the chance of vomiting on him again, but not dating at all really sucked. "I'll think about it."
After finishing her lunch, she pushed her dishes to the edge of the bar. Erik rushed over to her. "Lindsay, wait." He wrapped an arm around her waist. "I want you to have dinner with me tonight."
"Rob's working. It'll just be the two of us. No pressure."
Yeah right! "I haven't had a shower. I need to go home tonight."
"I'll let you know." She gave him a peck on the cheek then left the bar as nausea filled her.
She spent the afternoon trying to forget about the sickness from only kissing Erik. Why was this still happening to her? Would she be alone for the rest of her life?
5. The Hemera have soul mates, and when they meet for the first time, they will experience a jolt of electricity. Every time they touch after that initial meeting, they will have visions of each other. On Alectrona, the Hemera would marry their soul mate. Unfortunately, when they came to Earth, this did not always happen. Here’s an excerpt:
Should he have waited for Quinn? Lightning reflected in her pale blue eyes. What the hell? "I'm Bryce, Quinn's friend. I came by to drop off some tables for the barbeque tomorrow." He stared down at her feet and observed the webbing between her toes.
"Lindsay." She held out her hand to him. "Quinn said you were coming by."
Just as he reached for her hand, another bolt of lightning flashed through the sky. With the contact of skin, a fierce electric shock travelled through their bodies. They both flew back and fell to the ground. Bryce rushed to his feet then helped her back up. An image of her naked body flashed in front of his eyes. He fumbled with her in his arms, but made sure she stood steadily before he let go.
Thanks for stopping by Jessica!!
Available from Silver Publishing and other ebook retailers.
More info about the book HERE
Lindsay Beckett longed to be reunited with her first love, Quinn Montgomery, until she learns the secret that sent him fleeing from her in the first place. He’s an alien, a Hemera, and she’s half-Hemera herself. As if that wasn’t enough to ruin her dreams of a perfect life, when their child is born, they discover she fulfills a prophesy told twenty light years away and many years ago. Lindsay wants to ignore it, until her husband is murdered and suddenly believing becomes a matter of survival.
Lindsay and her young daughter are forced to rely on another Hemera, her husband’s partner and best friend, Bryce Beuermann as more and more of the Hemera are slaughtered. Bryce will do anything to help his best friend’s widow—including suppressing his own deep feelings for her. But he must prove they can trust him, even pretending he doesn’t want her with all his heart.
Bio: Jessica Subject started writing to encourage her daughter to read. Now she writes to keep herself grounded. Although she reads many genres, she enjoys writing Science Fiction Romance the most and believes everyone in the universe deserves a happily ever after. She lives Southwestern Ontario, Canada with her husband and two kids and loves to hear from anyone who has enjoyed her stories.
GIVEAWAY: THE ZURIAN CHILD BLOG TOUR GIVEAWAY: Leave a comment with your email address for your chance to WIN a $25 AllRomanceEbook/OmniLit Gift Certificate. Be sure to follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found HERE.