August 14, 2012

False Memory by Dan Krokos: Review

Publisher: Hyperion (August 14, 2012)
ARC: 336 Pages
Series: False Memory # 1
Genre: YA Dystopian
Dan Krokos's Website | Blog | Twitter
From Goodreads. Miranda wakes up alone on a park bench with no memory. In her panic, she releases a mysterious energy that incites pure terror in everyone around her. Except Peter, a boy who isn't at all surprised by Miranda's shocking ability.

Left with no choice but to trust this stranger, Miranda discovers she was trained to be a weapon and is part of an elite force of genetically-altered teens who possess flawless combat skills and powers strong enough to destroy a city. But adjusting to her old life isn't easy--especially with Noah, the boyfriend she can't remember loving. Then Miranda uncovers a dark truth that sets her team on the run. Suddenly her past doesn't seem to matter...when there may not be a future.

Dan Krokos' debut is a tour-de-force of non-stop action that will leave readers begging for the next book in this bold and powerful new series.

Review by Jess
FALSE MEMORY by Dan Krokos is a heart-pounding, exciting, action-packed, roller-coaster ride! Full of incredibly original characters, intrigue and originality this is a novel that you cannot put down once you've picked it up!

Wow! Honestly, once I finished this novel I was left stunned! I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked this up but I was instantly sucked in. The novel started with a bang which was amazing. Reading a book that starts at such a fast pace usually promises good things. In the case of Dan Krokos, it promised AMAZING THINGS!

Let's start out with the plot...I've been reading a lot of dystopian lately, and I keep loving it and Dan Krokos gave me even more reason to love it. The world-building was spectacular. The concept of these kids being genetically altered to be like super-human machines with a huge twist and so original. Miranda, having lost her memory, and only getting "phantom" memories kept pushing me further and further.

The characters were so wonderful. They all individually had so much depth. I really felt like I could connect with the characters and understand them one by one. Understanding characters is such a vital part to a GREAT book and Dan Krokos nailed it. I can't complain about a single thing having to do with the characters. The almost love triangle between Miranda, Peter and Noah is good too. It's not such a cliche love triangle, its much more subtle and not so much insta-love.

Dan Krokos has left me searching for the right words to explain how amazing his debut book is. He pinpointed every sweet spot a reader looks for. I can not wait for the next installment of the False Memory series. I am so looking forward to it, and seeing what happens next! Amazing Dan Krokos, you have captivated me COMPLETELY! I recommend this to anyone and everyone, this is not one to pass up.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you loved this, I'm starting it next!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear all of this about False Memory! I am really excited for it now. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen nothing but good reviews on this one so far. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork by: Alisa Vysochina